I’ll be a panelist at a HBS Club of Connecticut/HBS Angels Venture Capital in Connecticut Panel Discussion and Cocktail Reception on October 18. The event will be held at the recently-established Stamford Innovation Center, of which fellow panelist Barry Schwimmer is Founder and Managing Partner. The Center occupies a beautiful historic building and is now home to the Stamford iLab Accelerator and a community of entrepreneurs, investors, and industry experts. The third panelist, Douglas Roth, is also heavily involved in the Connecticut venture capital space through Connecticut Innovations (CI). CI was created by the state legislature in 1989 and has been investing private money since 1995. The 100+ companies CI has invested in have brought north of $510 million in gross state profit and 5,000 job-years to the state. The final panelist, Andy Greenawalt, is Co-Founder and CEO of a CI-funded company: Continuity Control. The event was organized by the Harvard Business School Club of Connecticut, and will run from 6-9pm. All entrepreneurs, innovators, investors, and HBS alumni are welcome to attend.
October 18, CT: HBS Panel on VC in Connecticut
Related tags: Angel investing, Connecticut, HBS Alumni Angels, Presentations and Conferences, Venture Capital
- HBS Club of CT, Nov. 19 event: Private Equity Operating Executives Panel with Goldman Sachs, General Atlantic, CVC Capital
- Panel on Super-Seed Funds at Harvard Business School Club of NY
- Washington, DC May 24: HBS Angels/VCs and Creating Portfolio Company Value
- Seeking Consumer Technology Experts for New York Hedge Fund Dinner Wednesday, October 4th, 2006
- Los Angeles Speaking Engagements, October 6-7: CFA Society, Keiretsu Forum, and Harvard Business School (Update to Keiretsu Forum)