I’m teaching a class for Founder Institute July 8 on accelerating sales with technology. This has been a passion of mine for well over a decade, ever since I realized how inefficient sales was and how technology could be used to speed up the process. This is a core theme of my book, The Virtual Handshake: Opening Doors and Closing Deals Online. Sales, raising capital, looking for a company to invest in, dating – these are all different facets of the same search process.
I’ve included here my draft deck for the presentation, but I know that there are many concepts and interesting companies that I’ve failed to cover in this. I’d welcome feedback.
Some related material worth reviewing:
– My coauthor on the book, Scott Allen, taught a webinar a few years on “Trigger Event Selling” with Craig Elias (free), which covers some of the ideas that we’re interested in.
– Twelve Ways Digital is Disrupting Your Sales Cycle (Geoffrey Moore, LinkedIn)
– Sales 2.0 Management (from AthleteIQ)
– Beyond Social: Why Traditional Relationships Matter (from IntroHive)
– Hacking the Buying Process – Tim Hughes & Max Baxter-Reynolds