2011-present: Our research study on best practices in VC portfolio company value creation has been published in the Journal of Private Equity, peHub, Palico, Betabeat, and Techcrunch. Our study on VC value creation was the single most-viewed article for 2013 in the Journal of Private Equity. I also contribute periodically to Forbes, Techcrunch, Pando, peHub, and elsewhere; full list of my past contributed articles here. peHub published a personal profile when I joined ffVC. ff Venture Capital has a full list of media coverage here.
- PEHub, VC & PE Funds’ Best Practices in Sourcing Investments
- Private Equity Manager, Hunting For Your Next Deal
- Business Insider, Five Best Practices In Sourcing Investments
- Axial, Where the Deals Are – Best Practices in Sourcing Investments
- Bloomberg Radio, Teten Discusses Private Equity Deal Origination (Audio file)
- Pensions & Investments, Study: PE firms spend hours on investments they’ll avoid
- Global Corporate Venturing, Chasing the rabbit: deal origination best practice
- Journal of Private Equity, Where are the Deals? Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds’ Best Practices in Sourcing New Investments . This is the second most-viewed article in the history of the Journal of Private Equity.
- Financial News/Private Equity News, Four Ways Buyout Funds Can Increase Dealflow
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Where are the Deals? Private Equity Funds’ Best Practices in Sourcing Investments
- Institutional Investor, Where Are the Deals?
- Buyouts News, Need to Meet: David Teten
- Integrity Research, Goodbye Expert Networks, Hello Private Equity
- Harvard Business Review, Time for Investors to Get Social
2005-present: The Virtual Handshake: Opening Doors and Closing Deals Online reviewed in BusinessWeek, Harvard Business School Working Knowledge, and many other publications. Also excerpted in CNN.com and FastCompany.com. For more, see the complete list of reviews.
1999-2001: GoldNames featured in Bloomberg, Financial Times, and the Wall Street Journal Europe, as well as leading publications in French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Norwegian, and Hebrew.