I have presented to some of the leading institutional investors (Franklin Templeton, Birch Hill Equity Partners, LLR Partners); conferences (Association for Corporate Growth Intergrowth, Family Office Association, Terrapinn Private Equity World); and associations (Kauffman Fellows, Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association). I’ve collected some generous testimonials from past clients/audiences who have seen me present.
Best Practices presentations
- Where Are the Deals?!: Best Practices of Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds in Originating Investment Opportunities (VIDEO)
How to become a magnet for potential investments; use social media technologies; and search for companies with motivated sellers. Based on the first-ever research study on deal origination best practices and our proprietary dataset of 150 institutional investors origination practices. Published in Harvard Business Review, Journal of Private Equity, Institutional Investor, etc.
- Beyond the Money: Best Practices of Venture Capitalists in Helping Early-Stage Companies Create Value (VIDEO)
Discusses use of mentor networks, preferred provider resources, shared services, and other tools VCs use to aid portfolio companies. Based on the first-ever research study on this topic.
- Straight from the Horse’s Mouth: How to Elicit Maximum Information in Minimum Time from Management and Industry Sources for Due Diligence
What questions should you ask? What are the killer phrases NOT to say? Based on the best practices of intelligence professionals, psychologists, and journalists in gathering information.
- It’s the People: Improving Private Equity Portfolio Company Valuations by Working with Operating Executives
How to build a pool of senior executive talent around your investment fund, whom you can tap as board members, interim executives, full-time executives, and deal sources. Based on David Teten’s experience growing Evalueserve Circle of Experts.
- Exceptionally High Returns Are Not Free: Introduction to Angel Investing (VIDEO)
Why and how to be an angel investor, with an overview of Harvard Business School Alumni Angels
- The Virtual Handshake: How Private Equity Funds Raise Capital and Source Deals with Social Media
Explores the use of a broad range of social media, particularly as practiced by venture capital funds and a small number of cutting-edge private equity funds.
- How to Judge Investment Pitch Events
How to evaluate a range of potential investment proposals…and add value both to your audience and to the presenting companies.
- Online Dating is the Future of Your Business (VIDEO)
Online dating is now a mainstream method for singles to meet one another. Entrepreneurs, investors, and other businesspeople can learn a lot from the diverse and well-developed business models in the online dating sector.
- Where are the Disruptive Asset Management Companies?
The most attractive industries to disrupt are highly profitable ones, and asset management is traditionally a highly profitable industry. We believe there is significant room to disrupt this industry.
- Parenting and Entrepreneurship.
How do you raise entrepreneurial children? Warning: may result in kids who are less likely to go to bed on time.
- Web 3.0: What’s Next Online?. Discusses the semantic web, 3-D Web, web-enabled space, and other trends coming faster than most people realize.